Monday, August 9, 2010

Balcones and Medellin

Hi all, just got back from a few days up at a farm "Balcones" in an area called Copacobana.  It's up in the hills outside of Medellin with beautiful views (hence "balconies").  All the boys did some pretty cool horseback riding, solo even! Just a nice relaxing few days, playing hearts, swinging in the hammocks, reading.  I have to tell you it is a huge adjustment to relax for at least eight consecutive hours in a row!  I'm getting used to it though.  I have been doing yoga in the mornings which has been awesome, and is really needed when you are traveling and sitting in the car quite a bit. 


Before I launch the pictures here, just a bit of political drama going on here.  A few days ago the new president of Colombia (Juan Manuel Santos) was sworn in (in Bogota, just after we left actually!).   This morning the vice president (Angelino Garzon) apparently had a heart attack and is currently being operated on. Pretty concerning!  We are all glued to the tv 24-7 and waiting for good news.  Santos, Garzon and Chavez are due to meeting in Cartajena on Tuesday to smooth out some issues, we'll read about the outcome of that when we are in Miami.  


With that, here are some pictures of Balcones, enjoy!